I have been so excited for today and am even more excited for the years to come.
A rarity to have our television on all day, I have been transfixed by the events surrounding this grand day. At first disappointed that I hadn't won tickets to attend, I think I am better for being able to see more of what was happening, as cameras panned from events to faces, speeches to commentary, than I would have been had I been there, dwarfed against a backdrop of millions and struggling for a singular glimpse that may not have happened. Reporters have already articulated the myriad of ways in which today has stunning signifance and newspapers will be awash with photos to be savored from year to year, so I will refain from belaboring the points. Suffice it to say that hope, personified and framed, hangs in my hallway.
¡Cruz es Cinco!
11 years ago

3 comments:
We went in 2005 and considering the looks of that crowd yesterday, you are right about what your view would have been like. It would have been cool to say you were there though.
It definitely would have been, but I think it is better for my more hormonal state post Ava that I keep away from crowds. I would have spent the day alternating between tears of joy and being annoyed with the guy with the Russian style fur cap obscuring my view of the TV screen...Oh wait, that was Jay Z..he would have been way closer than me. :)
What an amazing day indeed...did you see him do "the bump" with some lady at one of the inaugural balls? It was pretty funny.
Post a Comment